Monday, October 19, 2009

Ask, Seek, Knock

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. -Matthew 7:7-8 (NKJV)



This scripture is often preached, but how often do we really put it into practice? Do we really understand that all we literally need to do is ask our Heavenly Father and He will answer us?



Over the years I have seen women in (and outside of) the body of Christ go through the same situations over and over again. I can even remember walking around in my own cricle of dispair because I didn't fully grasp that all I had to do was ask God to bring clarity to me. Once I learned to ask for clarity, God began to quickly show me how to defeat the enemy when attacks came. In previous times I would cry, yell, lash out in frustration, etc... I did everything my flesh wanted and nothing that helped to solve the problems. When I did begin to slowly get the point, I would go to God and basically whine, as though if I whined long enough, He would feel sorry for me and deliver me. For a while, God allowed me to whine, but then He began to ask me to grow up. I could no longer behave as a child would, throwing a spiritual temper tantrum and calling it prayer. I had to get my emotions under control and go to God as the woman He was calling me to be. I had to go to Him, and ask Him to show me the root of the problem. I had to ask Him to show me how to receive a resolution to the problem. I had to learn the difference between crying out to God and simply crying. For those of you that don't know the difference.... just ask!

No comments: