Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Your Testimony is Under Attack!

Ever wonder why it seems that when you take one step towards your destiny you get pushed two steps back?  Have so-called friends turned their backs on you and said hurtful things to or about you?  Have you been hit with disappointing news?  Do you wonder if you're really called to the destiny you see for yourself?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions this post is for you!

We all know we have a common enemy.  One who sets out to discourage us from reaching our full potential in Christ. 1 Peter 5:7-9 states: "Be sober, be vigilant; because our adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour".  I believe there are many reasons why the enemy would like to devour mankind, but the one I'd like to focus on today is YOUR TESTIMONY! 

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death"- Revelation 12:11

Your testimony is three fold. 

1.  It strengthens your faith in God.  From the moment God delivers you from one thing you will always be able to go back and say, "God I remember when You...."

2. It strengthens others whose faith is not quite as strong in a given area.  The first time I needed a major healing I did not have a "remember when" to pull from, so I pulled on someone else's.  I thought to myself.... "If God delivered so and so, I know He'll deliver me!"  Thinking on His past works whether they are in your life or someone else's will strengthen your faith!

3. It helps to defeat the enemy. Revelations say they overcame him by the word of their testimony!  Any and every weapon that can help defeat the enemy is powerful!

With the power that your testimony holds, you better know the enemy desires to destroy it.

Thankfully, we already know that He is a defeated foe with no power except what we give him!  Regardless of what is thrown at you, if you stay connected to God, His perfect plan will manifest in your life.  There are situations that arise to strengthen you.  Its important to recognize those will never overtake you!  When something comes before me, I have learned to ask God..."What is the purpose of this? What are You trying to teach me?"  Once He reveals those answers my prayer changes to one of gratitude. "Thank you Lord for teaching me....., please help this lesson to always remain at the forefront of my thought process."  Now that lesson becomes a part of my testimony! 
Don't immediately get discouraged when rough patches come.  Storms are always allowed to make you stronger and to strengthen your testimony!!! 

This is why your testimony is under attack.  The enemy does not want you to have a testimony.  He wants you to become discouraged and throw in the towel.  He wants you to basically "curse God and die".  Do not allow a defeated foe to steal what God is giving you.... a powerful testimony to be used for His glory! Fight the good fight of faith!  Stand tall in the victory Jesus gave us all when He died on the cross!  Never give up... push on until your destiny is fulfilled, and then push some more after that!  Its not over until you are standing before the Lord!

Guard your TESTIMONY!  Its a weapon... KEEP IT LOCKED AND LOADED!

No comments: