Thursday, May 15, 2014

You Are Just the Vessel

I LOVE music with a beautiful message...regardless of genre. I enjoy the TV show Nashville, not just for the story line, but for the beautiful music that is showcased week after week. God often speaks to me through music and even more so through the story behind the music. Once particular song stuck out to me this morning as I watched my recording of the show. It is called, "It Ain't Yours to Throw Away". The part of this song that grabbed me... "What if you're just a vessel and God gave you something special? It ain't yours to throw away. It ain't yours to throw away. Every time you open up your mouth, diamonds come rolling out, It ain't yours to throw away..." Please listen to the song before continuing...




Have you ever wanted to give up in the face of adversity? Have you ever had a moment so tough that it caused you to rethink everything you believed about yourself? Have you ever been told to stop dreaming about making it big and get a real job? Have you ever felt like what you are destined to do may just be too big for you to handle? When those moments of destiny homicide arise, remember this, you're just the vessel....It's not yours to throw away!!! Get up, dust yourself off, take up your cross and move towards your destiny! How can you give up on (throw away) something that is not even really yours?!?!? YOU ARE JUST THE VESSEL! The wine bottle doesn't say it can no longer hold the wine right? How then can you say you cannot carry something that you were created to hold until the appointed time and then release into the atmosphere!

That's what we are all created to do...hold, guard, nurture, protect our perspective destinies until the appointed time. When that time arises we MUST release that which we have carried! Just as in a natural pregnancy the final month is often the most uncomfortable. Expectant mothers are often anxious to give birth if for no other reason, they are excited to see their baby. Imagine the outrage at a mother that decides to "throw her baby away" in the 9th month! That's the equivalent of what we do when we throw away the seeds God plants inside of us when life gets difficult. Those seeds are precious and needed to impact this world! While we are the vessels, what is inside of us do not belong to us and therefore are not ours to throw away!

1 comment:

Natasha Simmons said...

Awesome song and message. So many times I have thought about giving up because I feel as though I am unworthy of the calling and the destiny God has for me. I tell myself daily that what is in me is not just for me and my house, but it is for the nations. I am called to the nations. A special friend and spiritual father always reminds me of this ever time we speak. I speak it now to myself to keep me motivated and strong...able to continue on in the pursuit of that destiny. I am just the vessel. I cannot and will not throw away what He has given me to carry and then birth into this world. Thanks Otescia