Friday, May 27, 2016

The Greatest Gift EVER!!!


Yesterday I found myself reading through passages written in my personal journal. I came across the following written 12/2/15 and decided it was too good not to share.

The greatest gift God has ever given me is my life. Yes, he sent His son, but Jesus was sent so that I could live an abundant life. God desired so desperately for me to live my life abundantly that He sacrificed His only begotten son to see it happen. That's how valuable my life is. That's why I say it is the greatest gift God has ever given me. 
Since this gift is so precious and valuable, shouldn't I be doing something with it? Don't I owe it to God to produce something with this life He's given me? Going through life simply going to work, church, and back home....never stepping outside of my comfort zone, never sparking fire in the heart and mind of my neighbor, never giving birth to anything, never doing anything with the ideas I have...aren't these things like taking God's most precious gift, placing it on a shelf and forgetting about it? 
Now is the moment, now is the time for me to open my eyes and experience life. Now is the time to achieve abundance as it has been uniquely designed for me. The time is right now. I am creative and I hold the power to create the life I desire. Now is the time to take full advantage of this beautiful gift I have been given.

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. - John 3:16-17


10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have  come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. 11 “I am the good shepherd.  The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. - John 10:10-11

No comments: