Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oh, that I May Live with Jesus!

Matthew 7:21-23

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

I can't speak for everyone, but I know I am not running this race to become one of the people Jesus is speaking of in this passage. It is imperative that I be found acceptable in His sight. All of the working in the different auxiliaries in the church do not matter if our hearts are not pleasing to God. Paul said it best when he said:

"But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway."- 1 Corinthians 9:27

It is essential to allow the Lord the search the corners of our hearts daily. It is through relationship with Him that we will be able to hear correction. The love and grace of our Heavenly Father are here to guide us through this Earthly walk so that when all is said and done we may dwell with Him in eternity. While it is important to share the Gospel with all of mankind, it is vital to our very survival that we maintain a right relationship with Jesus. Our works WILL NOT get us into heaven. Only the pure in heart shall see the Lord. It would be tragic to spend this life preaching and teaching of Jesus and learn in the next that HE never KNEW us!!! That "knew" is not a head knowledge. It's intimacy. It's communing with the Father. It's abiding in Him and allowing His Word to abide in us. It's loving Jesus with all of our heart minds, bodies, and souls!

A songwriter once said, "I've got my mind made up, and I won't turn back, because I'm going to see my Jesus one day!" Women of God, make up your mind!!! Live this life to please Jesus and Jesus alone. Live this life to hear Jesus say, "Well done my good and faithful servant!" I believe every heartache, pain, disappointment, and sacrifice is going to worth it when I hear my Lord and Savior speak those words. I die to flesh that I may live with Jesus!

No comments: